II. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information About You and Your Health Care Treatment and Payment
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Platform, including both health care providers and their patients, as applicable, such as:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, email address, telephone number and account information, billing and collection information, information related to your insurance eligibility, or any other information collected on the Platform that is defined as personally identifiable information under applicable law ("Personal Information"). This is information that you provide directly to us or that is provided to us by a related third party, such as your doctor.
- Clinical or patient information or data, including PHI or other health-related information. This includes information collected in connection with your use of the Platform that may be necessary for you to receive health care services, including previous doctors, applicable clinical history and condition, vital sign measurements and other clinical and health information, and any other information exchanged in emails, texts, chats, calls, or other communications between you and Doseform or the medical providers and their professional entities. For the avoidance of doubt, all such health-related information collected on the Doseform application is subject to the safeguards and protections of our Terms of Service, including those for privacy and security.
- Information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Platform, and usage details.
- Information about you that does not identify you individually, such as whether you are a current user, location or demographics, or information related to your inquiry or request.
- Other information that you volunteer or that you provide in response to a specific request from us.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- From third-party intermediaries; for example, the physicians, medical professionals, and pharmacies with whom we partner to provide their patients with services.
Information You Give to Us
The information we collect on or through our Platform may include:
- Information that we collect when you use our website or download our mobile application. Even without creating an account, we still collect from you some of the information described in the "Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It" section.
- Information that you provide on our Platform, including information provided when you sign in or register for an account for the Platform or for services provided by one of our affiliates or through communications with you through the Platform or as a result of any health care services.
- Information to process or respond to your inquiries related to requests for treatment, payment, or customer service; and when you provide feedback on our Platform, including payment processing information that includes billing information, such as a name, address, email address, and payment card information. When you provide or update your payment processing information, we transmit the payment via an encrypted connection to a third-party credit card processor.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us, such as when you report a problem with our Platform or other services.
- Your search queries on the Platform.
Information We Collect About You
As with many other websites and applications, as you navigate through and interact with our Platform, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
- Details of referring websites (e.g., URLs) or other referring sources.
The information we collect automatically includes statistical data and may also include Personal Information. We may also maintain it or associate it with Personal Information you provide to us or that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate how individuals access and use our Platform.
- Store information about your preferences.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Platform.
As with many other websites and applications, our Platform may use "cookies" or other technologies to help us deliver content specific to your interests, to process your requests, and/or to analyze your visiting patterns. We may collect information about your visit, including: the domain from which you access the Internet; IP address; operating system and information about the device or browser used when visiting the Platform; date and time of your visit; content you visited; general location; and website (such as google.com or bing.com) and website referral source (email notice or social media site) that connected you to the Platform. Our Platform uses two types of cookies: single-session (temporary) and multi-session (persistent). Temporary cookies last only as long as your web browser is open and are used for technical purposes, such as enabling better navigation through our Platform. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer for longer periods and are used for purposes including tracking the number of unique visitors to our Platform and information such as the number of views a page gets, how much time a user spends on a page, and other pertinent web statistics. Cookies, by themselves, will not be used by Doseform to disclose your individual identity. This information identifies your browser, but not you, to our servers when you use the Platform. We may also collect data by using "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs," or similar means (collectively, "pixel tags") that allow us to know when you visit our Platform. Through pixel tags, we collect non-Personal Information or aggregate information that can be used to enhance your online experience and help us to understand traffic patterns.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
This is the information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or other services we provide. We sometimes work with third parties, and they sometimes provide information about you. We obtain information from such third parties with whom we work to provide you with certain services (including, for example, sub-contractors, analytics providers, and search information providers or third parties who share your information to provide your health care services, such as a medical provider including your information when they message or communicate with other medical providers or Doseform).
In addition, we may use third-party providers to serve or track interactions on other websites. You may link to or access our Platform using other third-party websites. The use of such third-party websites is subject to the terms of service and privacy policies of those third parties. Doseform does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
We may combine the information we receive from other sources with the information you give to us and the information we collect about you. Depending on the types of information received, we will use the information received from other sources or the combined information for the purposes described in the "How We Use Your Information" section.
III. How We Use Your Information
We, or health care providers with respect to their patients, may use information collected about you, including Personal Information, in the following ways:
- To complete any registration or other transactions or actions you request online, such as payment processing, including determining eligibility, use, and other benefits.
- For treatment, payment, or health care operations purposes.
- To communicate with you, including communications about our services and products or other information, services, and products, where such communications may include communications and messages via telephone, voicemail, email, fax, SMS text message, or communications within the Platform; any related fees from your mobile carrier or other service providers may apply to such contact and shall be your sole responsibility, and you may customize your contact preferences by notifying us as provided in the Terms of Service or as directed in communications that you receive from us, such as by replying "STOP" to an SMS text message that you receive from us or by following an "unsubscribe" link in an email that you receive from us.
- To contact you if you receive health care services resulting from your use of the Platform, such as to deliver communications from providers on the Platform from whom you receive health care services.
- To administer your account, including processing your payments and fulfilling your orders, as may arise from your use of the Platform.
- To operate the Platform and perform any services associated with the Platform, including providing you with technical support and to improve the Platform and our products and services.
- To provide you with information that you have requested or to respond to your inquiries.
- To create de-identified information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of our service.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of communications (including advertising) that we send to you and others, and to deliver relevant communications to you and to provide you with communications from Doseform, surveys, newsletters, and other information.
- To better understand our audience.
- To enhance the safety, security, and performance of our products and services. This includes verifying your identity, as well as preventing or detecting fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activities.
- To design, develop, and communicate with you about our new features, products, and services, or, subject to any consents or authorizations that are required by applicable law, those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies and any of their related businesses and those of our third-party partners.
- To notify you about changes to our services or the Platform.
- For any purpose where you have given your consent (where legally required).
- To comply with applicable federal, state, and other laws and regulations.
IV. Disclosure of Your Information
- For treatment, payment, or health care operations purposes.
- To service providers that assist us in the maintenance, improvement, and optimization of our Platform, such as service providers that help us run and maintain the technology and security infrastructure that support our Platform or that provide services such as email delivery, auditing and similar services.
- To medical providers, including without limitation, physicians, health care facilities, and organizations, pharmacies, and laboratories, that provide any services to you, including medical providers with whom you communicate and/or medical providers who review your information in providing health care services to you. If applicable to you, you acknowledge and agree that when medical providers provide services to you, the medical providers and all personnel of their professional entities may see any information you provide.
- To our affiliates and their employees, including for the purpose of posting information or notifications about health care services in your account.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you sign up for certain services, we may share your information in order to provide those services.
- To third-party credit card processors via an encrypted connection so that they can process any payments by you.
- To any third parties we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with applicable law.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Doseform, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With respect to de-identified information, for any purpose without restriction.
- In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, Personal Information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- For any purpose related to our use of information as set forth in Section III.
V. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising
Do Not Track
We do not currently respond to "do not track" signals as we do not track our users across third-party websites.
Promotional Offers from Doseform, its affiliates, or third-party partners
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Doseform to promote our own products or Services, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions at the bottom of any email you have received from us. If you are not able to unsubscribe through this method, please contact us and we can handle your request. You can also always exercise your right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes by contacting us at the address below.
VI. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to reasonably secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Platform.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or from our Platform; any transmission is at your own risk.
When you use our Platform, there is a risk that any PHI will be stored unencrypted on your mobile device. We have implemented a variety of technical safeguards to make sure that PHI does not leak onto your mobile device, but we cannot guarantee that these safeguards will work as intended.
VII. Third-Party Platforms
VIII. Children Under the Age of 13
We will not intentionally collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13 through our Platform without receiving parental or other legal guardian consent. If you think that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 through our Platform, please contact us.
X. Contact Information
Last updated: August 3, 2020